Completing Your Degree

In order to graduate, you must submit specific forms, dependent on your degree type, to the Graduate School. Make sure you’re ready to graduate by reviewing what your program requires and getting the forms you need.
The Application to Candidacy (ATC) is filed with the Graduate School and indicates that the student is entering the final stages of degree completion.
You may apply for graduation through HUB only once per degree program. Students who have previously applied for graduation, who have an “in review,” “applied” or “candidacy approved” status in HUB, will not be able to modify nor apply for graduation in HUB again. To update the expected graduation term, file a Petition to Change Expected Conferral Date.
Master’s students who complete a thesis and all PhD and EdD students, must electronically submit their final thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School via the UB/ProQuest submission website. This is a requirement for degree conferral. Learn all you need to know about electronic submission of your thesis and dissertation, here.
PhD students are required to complete and submit two Doctoral Degree Recipient Surveys, in order to be eligible to graduate. Learn about both surveys and complete them, here.