Release Date: June 5, 2001
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Graduates of the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences received awards during the school's recent commencement ceremony.
The award winners were:
• David Olson of South Avenue, Rochester, received the Roger Mantsavinos Award; the Robert H. Ritz Award; the Roy M. Barr Award, and the A.B. Lemon Memorial Award.
• Shannon Sortore of Lake Road, Webster, received the Eino Nelson Award; the Margaret C. Swisher Memorial Award, and the Renee A. Dederich Memorial Award.
• Tracey McCollum of Rock Reach Road, Rochester, received the Francis P. Taylor Award.
• Margaret Hausler of Larchmont Road, Buffalo, received the APhA McNeil Mortar and Pestle Professionalism Award sponsored by McNeil Consumer Healthcare; the McKesson Leadership Award, and the Academy of Students of Pharmacy Certificate of Recognition.
• Brian Olney of Northwood Drive, Williamsville, received the Samuel J. Bauda Award; the UB Pharmacy Alumni Association Award; the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Recognition Award, and the Robert M. Cooper Memorial Award.
• Jennifer Pruetz of Vernon Drive, Cheektowaga, received the Renee A. Dederich Memorial Award.
• Matthew Joseph of North Eighteenth Street, Olean, received the Michael E. Crawford Award.
• Kelly Morse of Fenner Road, Cazenovia, received the Lilly Achievement Award.
• Kathy Galus of Morgan Drive, Lewiston, received the Merck Award.
• Carrie Veklotz of West Fourth Street, Dunkirk, received the Merck Award.
• Cheryl Infantino of Francine Drive, Rochester, received the Glaxo SmithKline Patient Care Award.
• Karen Iseminger of Bayside Beach Road, Pasadena, Md., received the Roche Pharmacy Communications Award.
• Pam Green of McClurg Street, Westfield, received the Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Outstanding Leader Award and the Pharmacists' Society of the State of New York.
• Anne Huselstein of Crown Street, Olean, received the Mylan Pharmaceuticals Excellence in Pharmacy Award.
• Bharati Bhardwaja of Cambridge Boulevard, Amherst, received the Facts and Comparisons Award of Excellence in Clinical Communications.
• Eugeny Rozenblyum of Westfall Road, Rochester, received the Western New York Society of Health-system Pharmacists Award.
• Dana Woodworth of Drake State Road, Oakfield, received the Western New York Society of Health-system Pharmacists Award.
• Llarra Miller of Norman Place, Eggertsville, received the Academy of Students of Pharmacy National Patient Counseling Award.
• James Walsh of Hickox Road, Canandaigua, received the Pharmacists' Association of Western New York Student Leadership Award.
• Linda Hodnett of East Summerset Lane, Amherst, received the Acute Care Professional Experience Program Award.
• Michael Remington of Indian Church Road, West Seneca, received the Ambulatory Care Professional Experience Program Award.