Your success is important to us. Plentiful resources for current students, numerous professional development opportunities, career advice and an office dedicated to our postdoctoral scholars, are just some ways in which UB can help you succeed beyond the classroom.
We’re here to help you prepare for career success with opportunities and resources to build your professional skills, grow your network and enrich your personal development.
- Join the Center for the Integration of Teaching and Learning at UB (CIRTL@UB), a network of education professionals dedicated to advancing excellence and innovation in teaching.
- Need time to focus on your dissertation? Attend a Dissertation Retreat. Dissertation retreats are multiple-day, focused writing events to help you make significant progress toward completion of major projects.
- Find faculty mentors outside of your research area in the Network for Enriched Academic Relationships (NEAR).
- Try out for the Three Minute Thesis competition where you will learn to effectively convey the essence and importance of your research in an engaging way to a non-specialist audience in just three minutes, with one PowerPoint slide.
- Interested in a non-academic career? Take a look at The Versatile PhD, the largest online community dedicated to non-academic and non-faculty careers for PhD graduates in humanities, social sciences and STEM fields.
- Find dissertation inspiration in Write Through, a series of articles highlighting the processes of writers who found their way through the dissertation process in a timely fashion.
- Take a look at some events for graduate and professional students happening around campus.
Before you apply for a job, it is critical that your application package is the best that it can be. The Graduate School has partnered with Career Services to offer resources to help you with your application package. Let us help you:
Be sure to visit UB's Career Services website for additional resources, including samples and information on how to meet with a professional to help you better tell your unique story.
The Office of Postdoctoral Scholars, a sub-office of the Graduate School, provides a formal communication link among postdoctoral scholars, faculty and university administration. Learn more about: