The OPS provides a formal communication link among postdoctoral scholars, faculty and university administration. We provide assistance for new postdoctoral scholars, including:
Postdoctoral Teaching Training for Academic Careers Seminar
Series: This is a free seven week class offered exclusively to
postdocs each Spring on various topics in teaching and learning.
Postdocs who attend all seven sessions will receive UB
CIRTL Associate Level Certification.
Postdoctoral Scholars Research Symposium: The Graduate School will host the Ninth Annual Postdoctoral Scholars Research Symposium in June 2017, check back in spring 2017 for more details.
For UB and Research Institute on Addictions postdoc positions, go to the UB Jobs site and use the drop down menu next to “Position Title” to select “Postdoctoral Associate” then click the “Search” button.
For Roswell Park Cancer Institute Postdoctoral positions, please be sure to check their policies regarding post-doctoral appointment eligibility.
For information on funding opportunities, please see the
The University at Buffalo is a sustaining member of the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA), a member-driven, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides a unique, national voice for postdoctoral scholars. As a UB postdoctoral scholar, graduate student, faculty or staff member you are eligible for a free affiliate membership. Clicking on the previous link will bring you to the sign up website. Please follow the instructions and register as “Affiliate Individual Member”; be sure to use your institutional UB email address.
As an NPA Affiliate Member, you are entitled to these benefits:
• Subscription to NPA e-alerts, a periodic news announcement and The POSTDOCket, the NPA’s official quarterly newsletter
• Reduced registration fees to the NPA Annual Meeting and eligibility for the NPA travel award program
• Access to members-only NPA web content, such as career planning resources and policy information
• Access to NPA member groups to connect and network with fellow NPA members
• Discounts to some services and products
• Opportunities to serve and contribute your expertise on a variety of NPA committees
• National representation on postdoctoral issues